DSV – Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world’s 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers’ entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
We are seeking an experienced and highly motivated lawyer to join Group Legal to take on challenges in a fast-paced environment. This position reports to the Assistant General Counsel – Americas and has primary responsibility for negotiating complex contracts, serving as the first point of contact for all material legal queries and matters pertaining to DSV’s Air & Sea, Solutions and Road divisions in the U.S. and Canada, recognizing and managing internal risk, and defining and recommending legal strategies and objectives designed to mitigate the organization’s legal exposure.
- Draft, review and negotiate agreements related to air and ocean freight forwarding, warehousing services, 3P and 4P services, truck brokerage, ocean service contracts, road transportation, etc.
- Actively manage all aspects of litigation and pre-litigation matters in an efficient, practical and cost-effective manner.
- Assist with corporate governance matters, including the preparation and maintenance of business entity documents, company formation, preparing resolutions and consents and managing annual shareholder meetings.
- Advise business on legal trends, developing areas of law, industry trends and related risks that may impact operations/services.
- Provide support to Human Resources on a range of labor and employment matters, including policy implementation and training.
- Interface and partner with various Group functions and key stakeholders in the U.S. and globally.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- J.D. from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law and a member in good standing in the state/jurisdiction in which the position is based or otherwise in compliance with the in-house counsel registration rules of that state/jurisdiction
- 5 to 10 years in a law practice or corporate law department or a combination thereof
- Knowledge of practices associated with contract law, corporate law, litigation, regulatory law and transportation law
- Experience in the maritime, logistics, supply chain and/or transportation industry
- Strong analytical, communication, negotiation, presentation, and strategic decision-making skills
- Ability to work under time constraints in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision while working collaboratively within a local and global team environment
- Positive attitude and forward thinking
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Knowledge of and experience in the following areas:
- FMC regulations and compliance
- Global trade compliance, including export controls, sanctions, export licensing, product diversion, deemed exports, anti-boycott laws, embargos, product classifications, global trade contract provisions, and customs matters
- S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, U.K. Bribery Act, and other anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws
- Privacy and data protection laws and compliance (e.g., GDPR, CCPA)
- International experience
We offer a competitive salary, and a benefit package which includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan with Company matching and pension, life insurance, and more.
Applicants should advise of their eligibility to work in the USA and their salary requirements. Applicants should e-mail their resumes to email@example.com. No phone calls. No agencies (principals ONLY). Only qualified candidates will receive a response. Equal Opportunity Employer.